Maria C. Dugas, Schulich School of Law
Maria C. Dugas is Assistant Professor at the Law and Technology Institute of the Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University. Her teaching areas include tort law and damage compensation, legal research and writing, legal ethics, and copyright. Her research interests include criminal law, copyright, and critical race legal theory. She is also involved in continuing legal education, presenting to both the judiciary and practicing bar on the need for Impact of Race and Culture Assessments in sentencing African Canadian people.
Dr. Lucie Guibault, Schulich School of Law
Dr. Lucie Guibault is Professor at the Law and Technology Institute of the Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University. She specializes in international and comparative copyright and intellectual property law. Over the years, she has carried out research for the European Commission, Dutch ministries, UNESCO, WIPO, and the Council of Europe. Her general research interests revolve around the critical and normative analysis of the copyright system, primarily looking at the impact of technological change on the balance of interests between rights owners and users. She has countless publications on topics relating to copyright and related rights in the information society, open content licensing, collective rights management, limitations and exceptions in copyright, and author’s contract law. Where relevant the examination of intellectual property issues were complemented by looking into contract law, e-commerce law, competition law, fundamental rights law, and consumer law.
- Robert J. Currie, Professor of Law, Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University
- Michael Deturbide, Professor of Law, Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University
- Maria Dugas, Assistant Professor, Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University
- David T.S. Fraser, Partner, McInnes Cooper
- John D. Gregory, General Counsel, Justice Policy Development Branch, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- Lucie Guibault, Professor of Law; Associate Dean, Academic, Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University
- Chidi Oguamanam, Professor of Law, University of Ottawa
- Jon Penney, Associate Professor, Osgoode Hall, York University
- Graham Reynolds, Associate Professor of Law, University of British Columbia
- Teresa Scassa, Professor of Law, University of Ottawa