About this Journal
The Dalhousie Law Journal (DLJ) was established in 1973 by then Dalhousie Law School Dean Ronald St John Macdonald (1928-2006). It is one of North America’s few faculty-run publications with an editorial board composed exclusively of full-time professors at the Schulich School of Law.
The DLJ’s aim is to enhance dialogue, analysis, and policy reform across a variety of legal areas through the publication and dissemination of new knowledge. We publish work on all legal topics, but the DLJ is commonly a venue for evidence-informed, policy-relevant contributions.
We especially encourage submissions from emerging scholars and welcome submissions in English and French.
Indexed in Index to Legal Periodicals, Index to Legal Periodicals Retroactive, HeinOnline Law Journal Library, LexisNexis Academic, ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database and ProQuest CBCA Database.